mus

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Classroom Furniture & Organizing

I needed another file cabinet for my classroom. So I found this free one my parents weren't using at their office. It was an ugly tan and gray color. I painted it white. Then I modge podged the drawers with black & white scrapbook paper I had left over from a wedding project. The grand total of this project and new furniture piece for my classroom a big fat $0.00. LOVE!

Here it is:



Next up, is a paper organizer that I've been in desperate need of. It will be for all of my colored/construction paper. I have almost broke down and bought one at Michael's in the scrap booking area but those suckers are EXpensive. I mean really expensive. They all are of course ugly too. I like a little style in my life. Sooooooo...... I also found several small fed ex boxes from my parents work they do not use any more. I cut off one side of them all. I attached them all together and modge podged with fabric. Um... can we say adorable. I am so excited about this since this project cost me a big fat $0.00. I already had all the supplies laying around the house. Here it is:


Last we have magazine holders. I too made these out of a medium size fed ex box. All I did was cut out the shape I needed with an exacto knife. I then modge podged them with scrap book paper and a few with fabric. I loved this project because it cost me a total of $0.00 as well. I like this pattern I have going on with spending NO money!! :) They really did turn out so cute! I only made 3 because I ran out of glue so I will finish those up tomorrow!



I also painted a few frames but they are not ready yet! More to come tomorrow! I'm scrabblin' to get things done before I go back to work on Tuesday, booooooooo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment